Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sad Glad Things

Many sad things have happened to me in my life and in our world. I try not to focus on them but instead have hope for the future. Think of the world's potential. I do a lot with this being an election year and having to listen to all the fighting. Perhaps the future holds the curing of diseases, the end of violence, the amelioration of poverty and hunger.

I read that over 9 in 10 Americans are uncomfortable or worried about aspects of their own lives. The difference between more happy and less happy people is what they do with that worry. Less happy people wallow in the problems they see, while happier people focus on potential and the future. Easier said than done but try it. I know God doesn't plan every day of our lives to be happy but every day can have joy...

No comments: