Friday, June 13, 2008

Do What You Say You Are Going To Do

Not much can kill progress or destroy enthusiasm more than someone who talks but never follows through. It is crucial in both your home life and your work life that you stay focused and committed to whatever you say you would do.

The difference between those who have happy relationships and those who have unhappy personal relationships is not the amount of conflicts they have. Indeed, each group has a similar number of conflicts. Instead, it is a greater commitment to following through on agreed-upon changes that contributes to the success of relationships and the 23 % greater happiness of those involved!!

This is something I really struggle with because I have a lot of commitments pulling me one way or the other--so like my dad told me growing up--"You make time for things that are important!"

1 comment:

JenniferL. said...

This is one of my pet-peeves, not doing what you say you are going to. So I agree!