We Were Wrong
"We followed trends when we should have followed Jesus. We told others how to live but did not listen ourselves. We live in the land of plenty, denying ourselves nothing, while ignoring our neighbors who actually have nothing. We sat on the sidelines doing nothing while AIDS ravaged Africa. We were wrong; we're sorry. Please forgive us."
A message from SpringCreek Church in Garland Texas. They actually took out an ad and gave a public apology! Pretty bold for a group of Christians to outwardly promote their hypocrisy, but wow, thank God for it.
"I must begin with some words of disclosure. I am a hypocrite. I can be arrogant and cynical. I am sometimes inconsiderate and insecure. My ego often rages out of control, and I battle foolish pride. I can be lazy and foolhardy with my time. I get angry, petty, and ill tempered. I am sarcastic and cynical.
I am a Christian."
An excerpt from the book When bad Christians are good People.
I am with Max Lucado--God accepts us as we are but he refuses to leave us that way-- Grace and Peace my friend.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Once again you hear a clueless pastor say this ridiculous statement. Prayer is not the least you can do, it is the most you can do. How can not the creator of all existence not take care of any and every request. Heck, I ask for everything! The stuff I do under my own power is the least I can do. How do we get this backwards? Hey, I pray the best for you and yours!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
"The degree of our preparation will equal the extent of our obedience, which will determine the measure of our peace of mind"
Think about that statement. If you are confident because you are prepared then you are ready to go out and do battle, or just live! Your preparation for events as well as past experiences will help to give you peace of mind. It sounds really simple but I have found it to be true over and over again. So do your best to be prepared. Like you always hear, "No plan is a plan to fail."
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
What to do with your life--Don't decide!
1. Decide what success means to you.
2. What are your non-negotiable needs?
3. What are my core values that I will not compromise?
4. What if anything, do you want to be remembered for?
5. Trying to find your ONE true purpose is a waste of time. Life has lots of meaning. It has a lot of things you are supposed to do, it has a lot of things you aren't supposed to do. Answer the above questions and then navigate your journey with the least number of mistakes as possible! Now you know everything so get out there and enjoy...