Sunday, October 19, 2008

A church's apology for all of us?

We Were Wrong
"We followed trends when we should have followed Jesus. We told others how to live but did not listen ourselves. We live in the land of plenty, denying ourselves nothing, while ignoring our neighbors who actually have nothing. We sat on the sidelines doing nothing while AIDS ravaged Africa. We were wrong; we're sorry. Please forgive us."

A message from SpringCreek Church in Garland Texas. They actually took out an ad and gave a public apology! Pretty bold for a group of Christians to outwardly promote their hypocrisy, but wow, thank God for it.

"I must begin with some words of disclosure. I am a hypocrite. I can be arrogant and cynical. I am sometimes inconsiderate and insecure. My ego often rages out of control, and I battle foolish pride. I can be lazy and foolhardy with my time. I get angry, petty, and ill tempered. I am sarcastic and cynical.
I am a Christian."
An excerpt from the book When bad Christians are good People.

I am with Max Lucado--God accepts us as we are but he refuses to leave us that way-- Grace and Peace my friend.

No comments: